Food makes everything more fun, especially game day. Savory snacks like, hot dogs, nachos and a refreshing beer can be key components to a great day cheering on your team. But for folks with Celiac Disease, fun food can be a challenge. According to the National Institutes of Health, more than 2 million people in the United States have Celiac Disease, or about 1 in 133 people. Last year, we added gluten-free snacks and beer to all sports venues to accommodate guests that follow a wheat- and gluten-free diet, and the response was tremendous. This year we expanded our menus to make sure gluten-intolerant guests can enjoy traditional game day favorites and more great snack items. The new expanded gluten-free options include:
- Hot Dog – Certified gluten-free hot dog, Kinnikinnick bun, Heinz ketchup and French’s mustard
- Chili Cheese Dog – Certified gluten-free hot dog, Kinnikinnick bun, Ghel’s chili sauce and cheese
- Nachos – Mission tortilla chips, Ghel’s cheese, Embasa jalapeños
- Loaded Nachos – Mission tortilla chips, Ghel’s chili sauce and cheese, LaVictoria Alamo salsa, Embasa jalapeños
- Red Bridge Beer – Gluten-free beer made without wheat or barley
- Taste Good Tortilla Chips – Olive, sweet potato flavored tortilla chips
- Classic Snacks Gluten-Free Carmel & Cheddar Popcorn Mix
- Eden Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- Eden Organic Berry Mix
- Larabars – Cherry pie flavor gluten-free fruit and nut bar
- NuGO Free Dark Chocolate Bar – NuGO FREE bars are gluten, soy, and dairy free, certified OU Pareve, and made with real dark chocolate
- Classic Snacks Gummy Bears
The ballparks and stadiums that will debut these new offerings include Chase Field in Phoenix, Nationals Park in Washington, DC, PNC Park in Pittsburgh, US Cellular Field in Chicago, Qwest Field in Seattle, Rio Tinto Stadium in Salt Lake City and Toyota Park in Chicago.
So dig in to some seriously tasty gluten-free options this season!