We asked our chefs to share their holiday traditions and memories with us, and we’ve created a Holiday Chef Series from all of their submissions. Our series features family recipes, photographs, cherished moments, favorite holiday dishes, and more. We hope you enjoy!
“This dish is one that my dad used to make for holiday family get togethers. Not sure where he got the recipe, but to me it seems to be a take-off of the old Chock Full of Nuts cream cheese sandwich on date nut bread. It’s super easy and can be made in advance, so you can spend more time with your guests. These dates are rich, but I usually eat a few while making them the same way my dad does. I still make at least a plate of them every year and think of him as I do.”
– Lincoln Engstrom, Executive Chef at Texas Motor Speedway
Engstrom Family Stuffed Dates
- Medjool dates (I suggest using the largest Medjool dates you can find)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- walnuts or pecans (depending on your preference), halved
- Split the date with a paring knife and pull out the pit.
- Then stuff with cream cheese and a walnut or pecan half, and you’re done!