Hello, college football fans! We hope you’ve had an amazing season so far, cheering on your school, tailgating, anticipating the weekly rankings, and perhaps most importantly, enjoying some delicious game day food!
As this year’s college football regular season winds down and we approach bowl season (good luck to your team!), we put together a few highlights from Levy’s college portfolio across the country.
From favorite stadium landmarks to exclusive beer releases and the biggest pork sandwich you’ve (likely) ever seen, we put together a Levy college “playbook” for you to tackle yet this season – or next.
University of Colorado: Exclusive Craft Beer Partnerships with Local Art to Match
Avery Brewing Company, a pioneering craft brewery in Boulder, has collaborated with University of Colorado Athletics to create Stampede, a Colorado Gold Lager. This locally inspired craft beer promotes and celebrates the trailblazing spirit of Boulder. Artist Neil Shingley, a nationally acclaimed artist, created the label art, inspired by one of the most beloved mascots in college sports.
- BOULD Move: Pair this fan favorite with one of the 12K hot dogs we sell each season!
Northwestern: Purple Corn Chip Nachos and World-Famous Wings
Northwestern Wildcat fans have delicious options this season, with fun themed items and local favorites. Fans can enjoy the Wildcat Nachos, made with purple corn chips smothered in cheese and pico de gallo. Boneless Wings from Jake Melnick’s are also a new addition, along with the Piri Piri Chicken Sandwich.
- Kick Off The Party Early at Wildcat Alley: Head to the practice field just Northeast of Ryan Field for a pre-game event. Wildcat Alley is open to the public offering free entertainment for fans and delicious food & beverages from local food trucks!
Rose Bowl Stadium (UCLA): Hand-crafted Boba Blue Tea
The Boba Blue is a delicious and refreshing option for your visit to the Rose Bowl Stadium. This fun game day beverage tastes similar to an ice cold, creamy green tea. It is made with butterfly pea flower tea which gives the beverage a fun bright blue color, similar to a sunny UCLA game day.
- Set The Scene: The UCLA end zones are picturesque with bright green turf, blue skies and mountains in the background! So be sure to snag a selfie on gameday!
Purdue University: Next-level Pork. For real.
Purdue has offered fans an array of new dishes this year, perhaps none more impressive than Porky Pete’s Big Pig Sandwich. Pork tenderloin topped with two pork burgers, four strips of bacon, 1/4 lb. pulled pork, smoked sausage, 1/4 lb. coleslaw, and four onion rings.
Need we see more?
- Sandwich Goals Award: Porky Pete’s Big Pig Sandwich
University of Alabama: ‘Bama Cheesesteaks and Big Al
Crimson Tide fans have enjoyed tasty favorites with an Alabama twist all season, like the Bama Cheesesteak, with fresh-roasted, slow-cooked top sirloin, grilled onions and peppers, topped with white cheddar on a fresh baked hoagie roll.
- Did You Know: Alabama’s mascot, Big Al the Elephant, goes back to 1930 when a fan yelling, ‘Hold your horses, the elephants are coming,’ was quoted in an Atlanta Journal article on that year’s ‘Bama-Ole Miss game. Soon Bama’s linemen were deemed “Red Elephants,” and the rest, as they say, is history.
University of Notre Dame: A Huge Pork Sandwich and Touchdown Jesus Selfies
The ND culinary team created 25 new dishes for the Fighting Irish this season, none bigger than the Midwest-inspired Pork Tenderloin Sandwich with breaded and fried pork tenderloin, topped with house made sweet and spicy pickles, American cheese, Applewood smoked bacon and jalapeño deli mustard on a butter bun.
- Obligatory On-campus Selfie: Touchdown Jesus
- Biggest Concessions Dish Award: Midwest-inspired Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
THE Ohio State University: Themed Burgers and Tons of Nacho Cheese (Literally)
Along with the debut of stadium-wide beer this season, Ohio State partnered with local favorites like Iron Grill BBQ, Tortilla, Wicked Lobstah and Ben’s Soft Pretzels on stadium menus this season. Long story short: Buckeye fans have been loving game day.
- Game-Themed Dishes: The Buckeyes are also known to create themed menu items, like the Badger Burger they created for this season’s game vs. Wisconsin.
- Jaw-Dropping Food Fact: In 2018, the Ohio State culinary team used over eight tons of jalapeño flavored nacho cheese.
University of Arkansas: Pig Skins, Pork Rinds, and Gameday Pours
Because who doesn’t love BBQ & Beer? Razorback fans can wash down crispy pork rinds, smoked meats, pimento cheese, and more with a brew in the BRAND-NEW Beer Garden—see you in the Hog Pen to celebrate an Arkansas win!
- Fun Fact: 176K Souvenir Cups are sold per season! #StayHydrated
University of Oklahoma: Spirited Sweets, Refill Bundles and Sooner Holiday Cheer
Game day just got a whole lot sweeter! “Round-out” the Sooners’ football season with exclusive and spirited options from Hurt’s Donuts, an Oklahoma favorite.
- Student Pro Tip: Pair this treat with a souvenir cup and you’ll get $3.50 soda refills during any OU Athletic sporting event.
- Sooner Spirit: The OU team spreads holiday cheer by participating in “Adopt a Family Program” every year, providing coats, toys, and festive stocking stuffers. Doesn’t that give your heart the #WarmFuzzies?!
Iowa State University: Giving Fans Something to Taco ‘Bout!
Cyclone Nation, get ready for this fan favorite—THE WALKING TACO! We’re making it easy to enjoy the best taco ingredients, conveniently in one bag! We know you all love this because we sell almost 20K Walking Tacos per season!
- Cyclone Stat of the Game: Executive Chef Cole Chiaramonte walks 25 miles per game, so get those steps in with this bag of goodness!