Over the past week, Levy team members from across the country have shown incredible teamwork and passion by donating excess food to area shelters and those in need throughout their communities. Across Levy sectors, our location teams have pulled together during these unprecedented times to make sure that their communities don’t go hungry.
In total, more than 30 Levy properties have donated nearly 90,000 pounds of surplus food, which is equivalent to over 40 tons.
Collecting food and produce that was meant to be used for upcoming events, the Barclays Center team donated 13,500 pounds to local City Harvest Food Bank, to help New Yorkers in need. The efforts were shared extensively on New York TV and social media channels.
Our Levy team at the home of the World Series Champions came together to donate over 700 pounds of food to Nourish Now, a Maryland-based non-profit that recovers excess food area communities.
Kentucky International Convention Center
Our KICC team collaborated with our partners to redirect food supplies, minimizing waste and providing for their Louisville community. Overall, the team has donated over 4,000 pounds of produce to local organizations Dare to Care and Healing Place, to help those in need.
Paddlefish Restaurant & Terralina Crafted Italian
Team members at Paddlefish and Terralina Crafted Italian in Orlando prepared hundreds of meals for collective staff. The pre-packaged meals included four bags of cooked pasta, one quart of marinara or ravioli sauce, 8 oz. grilled chicken thighs, fresh asparagus or zucchini, two salads, an assortment of pickled vegetables and cheese.
Park Provisions has partnered with local Portland not-for-profit, Lift Urban Portland Pantry, which serves the city’s Goose Hollow Neighborhood and is just two blocks away from the stadium. The team donated nearly 800 lbs. of fresh produce, bread, and other items.
The Ohio State University
To help team members during this difficult time, the Ohio State University team created a food pantry on-site at one of their loading docks. Team members are welcome to come by with grocery bags and stock up on items like juice, fresh produce, and bread to take home to their families.
Vivant Smart Home Arena
Working with the Utah Jazz and Miller Family Charities, the Salted Honey team donated 2,500 lbs. of produce, 500 apples, more 1,000 prepared brownies, 70 lbs. of cheese, and 50 gallons of milk to Salt Lake Catholic Community Services.
These are just a few of the properties that have helped their communities. Please join us in applauding all of our Levy team members for their inspiring and impactful efforts, listed below.
• America’s Center: 500 lbs., Local Charities
• AT&T Center: 700 lbs., San Antonio Food Bank
• Austin Convention Center & Palmer Events Center: 5,000 lbs.; Angel House Baptist Chapel; Central Texas Food Bank
• Bankers Life Fieldhouse: 3,000 lbs. Second Helping Hands, Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
• Barclays Center: 13,500 lbs.; City Harvest
• BBVA Stadium: 500 lbs., Open Door Mission
• Camping World Stadium: 2,000 lbs., Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida; Morgan Ministries
• Children’s Museum of Indianapolis: 300 lbs., TCM Levy employees
• David L. Lawrence Center: 2140 lbs., 412 Food Rescue
• Gila River Arena: 3,200 lbs., Church on the Street Phoenix
• Guaranteed Rate Field: 1,200 lbs., Hourly Levy Team Members
• Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland: 2,300 lbs., Ronald McDonald House
• Jacob K. Javits Convention Center: 6,752 lbs., City Harvest
• Kentucky International Convention Center: 4,000 lbs., The Healing Place
• Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center: 720 lbs., Ocean Springs Education Foundations
• Moda Center: 2,000 lbs., Urban Gleaners
• Nationals Park: 700 lbs., Nourish Now
• Providence Park: 800 lbs., Lift Urban Portland Pantry
• Rio Tinto Stadium: 500 lbs., Utah Food Bank
• STAPLES Center: 7,000 lbs., Midnight Mission
• State Farm Arena: 10,785 lbs., Goodr; Second Helpings Atlanta
• T-Mobile Arena: 3,500 lbs., Three Square; Vandenberg Elementary
• Toyota Center: 500 lbs., Second Servings of Houston
• University of Colorado: 5,000 lbs., Community Food Share
• Vivant Smart Home Arena: 4,100 lbs., Salt Lake City Catholic Community Center
• Xcel Energy Center: 2,450 lbs., Ronald McDonald House; Catholic Charities of St. Paul & Minneapolis