EXPANDED GLUTEN-FREE MENUS MAKE IT TO THE BIG LEAGUES
[Chicago, IL] – Levy Restaurants, the Chicago-based restaurant company and leader in sports and entertainment dining, is expanding menu offerings at the company’s Major League Baseball ballparks and Major League Soccer stadiums to include gluten-free sports fare. The ballparks and stadiums that will debut these new offerings include Chase Field in Phoenix, Nationals Park in Washington, DC, US Cellular Field in Chicago, Qwest Field in Seattle, Rio Tinto Stadium in Salt Lake City and Toyota Park in Chicago.
According to the National Institutes of Health, more than 2 million people in the United States have Celiac Disease, or about 1 in 133 people. Last year, Levy Restaurants added gluten-free snacks and beer to all sports venues to accommodate guests that follow a wheat- and gluten-free diet, and the response was tremendous. New this season, Levy Restaurants is going even further to make sure gluten-intolerant guests can enjoy traditional game day favorites. Each participating venue is adding a portable cart dedicated exclusively to freshly prepared, gluten-free sports favorites and snacks. The new expanded gluten-free offerings include:
- Hot Dog – Certified gluten-free hot dog, Kinnikinnick bun, Heinz ketchup and French’s mustard
- Chili Cheese Dog – Certified gluten-free hot dog, Kinnikinnick bun, Ghel’s chili sauce and cheese
- Nachos – Mission tortilla chips, Ghel’s cheese, Embasa jalapeños
- Loaded Nachos – Mission tortilla chips, Ghel’s chili sauce and cheese, LaVictoria Alamo salsa, Embasa jalapeños
Snacks and Sweets
- Red Bridge Beer – Gluten-free beer made without wheat or barley
- Taste Good Tortilla Chips – Olive, sweet potato flavored tortilla chips
- Classic Snacks Gluten-Free Carmel & Cheddar Popcorn Mix
- Eden Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- Eden Organic Berry Mix
- Larabars – Cherry pie flavor gluten-free fruit and nut bar
- NuGO Free Dark Chocolate Bar - NuGO FREE bars are gluten, soy, and dairy free, certified OU Pareve, and made with real dark chocolate
- Classic Snacks Gummy Bears
Additionally, Dodger Stadium and Home Depot Center in Los Angeles, PNC Park in Pittsburgh, and Wrigley Field in Chicago will continue to offer gluten-free snacks and Red Bridge Beer. More information about specific availability of each menu item at each ballpark and stadium is available upon request.
Levy Restaurants is also working in conjunction with Gluten-Free Passport, an internationally recognized health education firm, to have information on ballpark and stadium venues offering gluten-free menu items accessible via mobile applications. By the end of April, gluten-free sports fans will be able to access information on Levy Restaurants’ sports locations offering gluten-free fare via the iCanEat OnTheGo app, iEatOut Gluten & Allergen Free app, as well as the new regionally-focused iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch apps including Gluten Free Chicago, Gluten Free LA and Gluten Free New York.
About Levy Restaurants
Levy Restaurants, founded in Chicago in 1978, is recognized as one of America’s fastest growing and most critically acclaimed restaurant companies, and is the leader in premium sports and entertainment dining concessions. Levy was recently named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports in the world by Fast Company magazine. The company’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants such as James Beard-winning Spiaggia and Bistro 110 in Chicago, Fulton’s Crab House, Portobello and Wolfgang Puck Grand Café at Walt Disney World Resort, renowned sports and entertainment venues like Lambeau Field in Green Bay, STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, and American Airlines Arena in Miami, and events including the Super Bowl, World Series, Kentucky Derby, NHL and NBA All-Star Games and the Grammy Awards. For details, visit www.levyrestaurants.com.