In the sports world, it doesn’t get more special than the first time a world championship descends on your home turf. With no history to lean on, no one knows exactly what to expect.
That’s the case this weekend at Nationals Park, where the Nationals will host their first ever World Series games in DC. The atmosphere is sure to be electric, and fans will arrive early, frenzied, and hungry in more ways than one.
We take pride in being part of the team delivering unforgettable moments and true culinary experiences that add to the celebration. When the gates open and Nationals fans file in for Games 3, 4 and potentially 5, they’ll savor a Fall Classic menu showcasing flavors locals know and love. From smoked meats and fresh-caught seafood to eclectic international fare, our menu for the World Series games at Nationals Park captures the flavors of DC, Maryland, and Virginia, with special touches highlighting the Nats fall homecoming.
It wouldn’t be a Nats game without a Ben’s Half Smoke, but Nationals Park also boasts a diverse menu of dishes inspired by the wide range of culinary styles served around the DMV. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Ben’s Half Smoke “All the Way” (Sections 109, 141, 317): Ben’s Chili Bowl’s famous half-smoke sausage covered in chili, cheese, and diced white onions
- Medium Rare Steak Sandwich (Section 135): Grilled Steak covered in Crispy Shoestring Fries and Signature Gravy on a Fresh Baked Roll
- ChiKo’s Bulgogi Hoagie (Section 238): Bulgogi-marinated Shaved Ribeye, Kimchi Cheese Sauce, and Sautéed Onions on a Amaroso Roll
- Hank’s Oyster Po’Boy (Section 106): Crispy Fried Fresh Oysters with Watercress and Hank’s Oyster Bar’s signature Tartar Sauce
- Bone-in Smoked Beef Short Rib from Old Hickory BBQ (Section 242): Find house-smoked beef short rib, between the Budweiser Terrace and Loft
Fall Classic Specials
It’s not every season baseball teams get to play “fall ball.” Advancing through the autumn postseason is a serious accomplishment and we’re celebrating the occasion with a few special new seasonal tastes:
- World Series Souvenir “Fall Classic” Cocktail (all bars): Buffalo Trace, Apple Cider, and Ginger Ale in a Souvenir Cocktail Shaker
- Jumbo Turkey Wing Platter (Budweiser Brew House): 2 lb. Roasted Turkey Wing served with Cornbread Stuffing, Turkey Gravy, Candied Sweet Potatoes, and Cranberry Sauce
- Mambo Chicken Donut (Change Up Chicken): Fried Chicken Breast tossed in DC’s own Mambo Sauce in between a Glazed Donut
The World Series in Hospitality Numbers
During World Series games at Nationals Park, 21 chefs and 1,200 team members serve hungry Nats fans. And make no mistake, fans will be hungry, consuming about: 4,200 half smokes, 4,500 Shack Burgers, 7,200 slices of pizza, 780 pounds of house-smoked pork shoulder, and 24,000 hot dogs.
Whether you’re a Nationals fan, or just a fan of the game, there’s something for everyone at Nationals Park during the World Series!