We asked our chefs to share their holiday traditions and memories with us, and we’ve created a Holiday Chef Series from all of their submissions. Our series features family recipes, photographs, cherished moments, favorite holiday dishes, and more. We hope you enjoy!
“Holidays are always about family. We’re spread all over the west coast, but having my family near me and spending time with them really in any capacity is amazing. I hope everyone gets some time this holiday season to snuggle with those you love. My son and I LOVE to make cookies together, these are MONSTER Cookies!” – Jessica Helms, Executive Chef at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter
Recipe for our MONSTER Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (we use organic King Arthur Flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups Quaker Traditional Oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. A
- dd flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix completely.
- Add oats, walnuts and M&M’s and combine well.
- We use a 2 oz. ice cream scoop and then bake for 14 minutes.
- Serve warm with a tall glass of cold milk!