Taste of EaDo Showcases Local and International Flavors and Sets New Benchmarks for MLS Gameday Experience
HOUSTON (Thursday, January 26, 2017) – Houston Dynamo fans take note, BBVA Compass Stadium will offer an unprecedented variety of flavors and views this season, thanks to significant renovations of the stadium’s south concourse. At the center, the Taste of EaDo infuses more locally-inspired restaurant concepts with unique social settings and bars with direct field views.
The Taste of EaDo reflects the name of the neighborhood the Dynamo call home and each of the food offerings takes inspiration from the bars and restaurants surrounding the stadium. New dining destinations will spotlight fresh Tex-Mex, stadium classics with an international twist and an extensive menu of local and international brew.
“Our research tapped into fan feedback, touring MLS stadiums and immersing ourselves in Houston venues and experiences,” said Alison Weber, Chief Creative Officer of Levy’s experience design company Curiology. “What we found was that Dynamo fans want authentic experiences they can make their own, chief among them dining options that celebrate the diversity and pride in Houston culture.”
New concepts from the renovations include:
- Tecate Social: A four-sided bar serves fans before, during, and after the game as a focal point of socializing on the concourse
- Taste of EaDo: A full renovation of the south concourse, Taste of EaDo brings the community of EaDo to BBVA Compass Stadium, with tastes like:
- HTX International Market: A walk-in market featuring everything from sandwiches to ice cream to more than 20 international beers and wines
- 713 Taqueria: Serves Tex-Mex street tacos with an authentic Houston flair, nachos, chips and salsa, and El Jimador margaritas
- Diggity Dawgs: Offers hot dogs in various styles, highlighted by a two-foot Colombian style hot dog – perfect for sharing with family or friends
- H-Town Grill: Serves up hand-crafted burgers and fresh cut fries made with locally-sourced ingredients
- Pitch Side Pub: Provides a wide assortment of local, national, and international brews, along with homemade Bavarian pretzels with various dipping sauces
- East End Ice House: Brings the tailgate vibe to the stadium in a covered, cooled, energetic space complete with outdoor games, a bar and outdoor seating
“We are focused on making big changes throughout the organization, and these improvements are representative of that,” said Dynamo President Chris Canetti. “The Taste of EaDo is designed to substantially upgrade our offerings while providing an experience that embodies our city and culture. The project is a collaborative effort between the Dynamo and Levy Restaurants and exemplifies the power of a true partnership.”
The renovations are part of an extended partnership between the Houston Dynamo and Levy as they kick off a renewed agreement to serve as the stadiums dining and hospitality partner through 2025.
About BBVA Compass Stadium
BBVA Compass Stadium is a state-of-the-art, open-air stadium designed to host Houston Dynamo matches, Houston Dash matches and Texas Southern University football games as well as additional professional, collegiate and community sporting events, concerts, exhibitions, conventions and special events. Opened on May 12, 2012, the 340,000-square foot, 22,000-seat stadium is the first soccer-specific stadium in Major League Soccer located in a city’s downtown district. With its downtown location, the stadium is a part of a true ‘Stadium District,’ which includes Minute Maid Park and the Toyota Center, as well as the George R. Brown Convention Center, Discovery Green, Warehouse Live and House of Blues.
Founded in 1978, Levy has pioneered premium sports and entertainment dining and remains one of America’s fastest growing and most critically acclaimed restaurant companies. Named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants, iconic sports and entertainment venues, and convention centers as well as the Grammy Awards, PGA Championship, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA All-Star Games, and has been named 2015 NHL Retailer of the Year.
For more, visit www.levyrestaurants.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.