We are excited to introduce the brand new Teppanyaki Chicken Lollipops to several of our partner arenas, including American Airlines Center, Bridgestone Arena, and Time Warner Cable Arena. The early word is in, and these lollipops are a huge hit with our guests.
Even if you can’t make it out to a game to try this hot new dish, our chefs are pleased to share this recipe with you so you can whip up a batch in your own kitchen.
Ice water, 2 gallons
Kosher salt, 4 tablespoons
12 chicken legs
Teriyaki sauce, 6 ounces
Toasted sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon
Green onions, 1 tablespoon
- Prepare the brine for the chicken by mixing the kosher salt into the ice water.
- Carefully remove knuckles from the bottom of the chicken legs.
- Slide meat down from the bottom of the legs approximately 1 inch to expose the bone. This will be the “stick” of the “lollipop.”
- Insert chicken into brine, cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place dried chicken onto sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oven, toss with 4 ounces of teriyaki sauce, and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, toss with remaining teriyaki sauce.
- Place chicken on serving plate, garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions