Charles Joly is the hottest and most honored mixologist on today's bartending scene, recently taking home the title of Diageo World Class Bartender of the Year, the first American to ever receive this honor. Charles's status as a bartending rock star will serve him well when he mixes and serves two of his signature cocktails - the Goodnight and the Sunset Margarita - at the 2015 Grammy Awards.
While most of us aren't lucky enough to score a ticket to the Grammys, Charles has generously shared the recipe for his Goodnight cocktail so that we can all experience our inner rockstar.
1 1/2 oz Charles Goodnight 100 Proof Bourbon whiskey
1/2 oz Lustau East India Sherry
1/2 oz Cocchi di Torino Sweet Vermouth
1/4 oz St. George Coffee liqueur
3 drops Wilks & Wilson’s Chicory Pecan Bitters
- Fill mixing glass with ice
- Pour Charles Goodnight 100 Proof Kentucky Bourbon, Sherry, Vermouth and Coffee Liqueur into mixing glass.
- Stir drink
- Place 1 large ice cube or sphere in rocks glass
- Strain and pour into rocks glass
- Add 3 drops Chicory Pecan Bitters
- Cut orange swath from fresh orange and twist over drink to release orange oil mist.
- Garnish with orange twist and serve.