There's no shortage of terrific Sonoran Dogs in the Phoenix metropolitan area, so when Thrillist named the top purveyors of this southwest classic, the competition was fierce. Arizona Diamondbacks fans were hardly surprised, however, when the Sonoran Dogs from Chase Field's Red Hot Grill made the list, as these dogs fly off the grill all season long.
Like any classic dish, each chef has his or her own take on the Sonoran Dog, and Chase Field Executive Chef Michael Snoke is happy to share the recipe for his take on the Phoenix favorite.
- 4 Hot Dogs
- 4 Bacon Strips
- 8 Ounces Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 2 Ounces Mayonnaise (Thinned a bit with milk)
- 8 Ounces of Canned Ranch Style Beans
- 4 Hot Dog Buns
- Heat medium sauce pan over moderate heat, heat beans to 165 degrees, stirring occasionally
- Wrap each hot dog with 1 bacon strip, secure with toothpicks on each end
- Grill bacon-wrapped hot dogs until bacon and hot dog are cooked
- Open hot dog buns and spread 1/4th of beans evenly across bottom of bun
- Place cooked hot dogs on top of beans in each bun
- Top evenly with pico de gallo
- Using a squirt bottle, drizzle the mayo evenly across the salsa in a zig-zag pattern
- Serve immediately